Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Travel Surprise

Well, the travel elves at my office have really outdone themselves this time.  I found in my stocking about two weeks ago tickets to Porto Alegre, Brazil, of all places.  I have a long-pending case there, and the judge has set a hearing for this Thursday, December 21, and ordered representatives of the parties to be present.  So I am off tomorrow night for what could be a real adventure -- a ten hour flight to Sao Paulo, with a connection for another 1 1/2 hour flight down to Porto Alegre.  I have to admit, I'm somewhat intrigued by the whole thing; seeing a place I pretty much never dreamed I'd see, and experiencing first hand the legal process of Brazil.  However, I don't love the timing -- the week before Christmas and Stephen's birthday week -- and I'm a little concerned with the ongoing work "slowdown" by the Brazilian air traffic controllers, which has caused significant delays on domestic flights.  Wish me luck, and I'll be sure to post upon my return!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck,

I have had the ocassional trip to Brazil and I can tellyou that it is quite hot this time of the year.  Their seasons are reversed to ours, as you  already know.  I have only been to Sao Paulo and Rio finding the people very nice, interesting, but the cities are very crowded.  I hope all goes well and it is a good trip.

Uncle Edmund