Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Triathlon Season Finale

Here's a quick report on my last triathlon of the season, the New Jersey State Triathlon, which was held July 23, just outside of Princeton NJ.  It ended up being one of the best executed races I have had.  I had my fasted average speed ever on the bike -- 23.1mph -- and my fastest ever 10K run at the end of a triathlon -- 38:30.  This was good enough for 12th overall out of some 600 participants, but the top 6 in the event were all professionals, so I don't count them!  I could only manage 4th in the 40-44 age group, as this was the most competitive division at the race.  I held second position in the age group almost the entire way, until being passed in the final mile by two guys.  I didn't feel too bad about that, though, as these guys were in the process of running 35 and 36 minute 10Ks!

The results are here for you to peruse if you like, and this link has a nice array of pictures.

That does it for tris this year, and I'm now starting the process of training for my first ever marathon, which will be the Philadelphia Marathon on November 19.  Wish me luck and good health.

No comments: