Saturday, July 15, 2006

Why I Like The Internet

I was cooking a pot of red beans today and got to thinking about some of the Louisiana delicacies I miss the most.  Knowing that Community Coffee is available through its website, I decided to do some quick research on some of my other favorites.  Wouldn't you know it, through the wonders of technology (and UPS), just about anything a Louisiana ex-pat could want is right at his fingertips.  I put some sites over with the favorites in the margin.  A lot of Zatarain's products are available in grocery stores outside of Louisiana, but the one thing I need -- creole mustard -- can be very hard to find.  The biggest surprises to me were the online availability of Steen's cane syrup, Camillia red beans and even Union Coffee and Chicory!  I guess I won't be needing that extra empty suitcase when we head down to Louisiana in August.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the helpful links.  Another good one is http://www.cajungrocer.com -- you can actually order turduckens from there!