Sunday, September 20, 2009

We're "Swim Parents" Now

I'm getting a somewhat mild taste of what my parents experienced when I was growing up. Stephen has finished his first week of practice on the Morris Center YMCA Swim Team, and Lisa and I have finished our first week as "swim parents"! Stephen will be swimming all winter and through early Spring on this team. This week, he practiced four times. On Sundays they allow parents on the deck to watch practice (not so on the other days, which I think is great). I sat through the practice today, and was really impressed in how much progress Stephen has made in just one week. I guess I should not be surprised, given that he had never swum on a team before when, out of the blue, he came to Lisa and me and said he wanted to try out for the Y team.

Anyway, Stephen is having a great time so far - hopefully that will continue. Looking forward to the intrasquad meet in two weeks!

No comments: