Thursday, September 10, 2009

Football Is Here!

Today is the official opening day of the NFL season. Of course, that means four long months that inevitably will culminate in my beloved Saints disappointing me in some incredibly excruciating way that cannot now even be imagined.

But on a more positive note, it also means the return of the weekly "Tuesday Morning Quarterback" column on espn.com, by one of my favorite writers, Gregg Easterbrook. Longtime State of Nature readers have seen my posts in the past singing his praises. This week's column is particularly entertaining, and a great example of what Easterbrook brings every week. It's a rollicking combination of riffs weaving together football, current events, technology, history, science and even haiku! Really great stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Being a Tulane fan, and living withing 100 miles of the Saints, is it any wonder that I don't give a hoot about football?
L.,
Mom