Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More From The Races

I've had a successful year so far on the triathlon circuit.  In addition to the Escape From Ft. Delaware race described in the post below, I had a personal best time at the Columbia Triathlon by several minutes, and have placed highly in my age group and overall at all my events.  A big highlight was the New York City Triathlon in July --- swim in the Hudson River, ride on the Henry Hudson Parkway, and run through Central Park.  I attribute the good results mainly to the fact that I have not been traveling for work and therefore have been able to train very consistently over the last six months.  This, however, is going to change radically after I wrap up the season this weekend at the Nation's Triathlon in Washington, DC.  I will be traveling extensively this Fall, to some pretty far-flung places.  Stay tuned to State of Nature for more.

If you're interested, you can check my race results below:

Columbia Triathlon (1st in 40-44; 43rd out of 1700 overall)

New York City Triathlon (1st in 40-44; 49th out of 3600 overall)

SBR Sprint (1st in 40-44; 4th overall)

No comments: