Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yes, Parents Have Birthdays, Too!

And they have birthday wishes. What I wanted for my birthday this year was to have my whole family accompany me to the Escape From Fort Delaware Triathlon, which was actually on June 28. This was a really fun race. The swim starts from an island in the middle of the Delaware River where there is an old Civil War fort. Participants in the race were ferried out for the start. The only downside this year was that the weather was extremely hot. And the race did not start until after 8:00 a.m., meaning that we were running in the real heat of the day. I suffered through and made it to the finish line, in no small part due to the inspiration I drew from having Lisa and the kids there waiting for me. Here I am recovering afterwards.


The race generally was a success, as I finished first in the 40-44 age group and in 6th place overall. For full results, click here. And here are a few of the pictures Lisa snapped -- I think she has a future as a sports photographer!

No comments: