Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Budapest

I've recently returned from another business trip to Europe. I had to head back to Zurich, Switzerland for a one-day continuation of an earlier arbitration hearing, and arranged some other business on the continent so I would not have to immediately turn around after flying 8 hours to get there. A lawyer from India I am working with, and with whom I have needed to meet for some time, agreed to meet me "halfway" and so we got together in Budapest. Since I had no idea when I might ever get back to Budapest, I decided to stay an extra day after our meeting and see the sights. It's a fascinating city, with a great deal of history. Hungary has been a more central country in Europe's history than I had appreciated. The food was very good also, and a nice surprise. Above left is a picture of looking across the Danube at the "Pest" side of Budapest, and here are a few more pictures from my day of sightseeing.

No comments: