Thursday, June 22, 2006

Would This Be Called A Quadrathlon?

I did something last weekend that some might characterize as a bit nuts.  Friday night, I arrived back from my trial in Houston on a flight that landed in NJ at 10:30pm.  Saturday morning, I was up at 4am to run in the Wyckoff YMCA/Franklin Lakes triathlon.  I had signed up for the race, so figured I'd go ahead and do it.  Under the circumstances, the race went pretty well.  The swim was smooth and fairly easy, and I came away with the 5th best time overall.  I did not ride well, which is not surprising since cycling is the hardest thing to keep up with while on the road (as I was over the preceding four weeks).  My run was strong, which again is not surprising, as running is the easiest training to manage while traveling.  Overall, I placed 16th out of approximately 650 entrants, and was 3rd in the age group.  Complete results can be found here.  Also check out race day pictures of the run and the bike, and another on the bike.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck--

You continue to astound and impress me.  And for a guy now in his early 40s, you remain in appearance and conditioning in a form that would make any fellow in his early 20s green with envy.

I just arrived back from this year's Bike Virginia yesterday evening.  We did just over 400 miles of riding in 5 days.  It included two century rides, which is a first.   The theme this year was "Tour de Love".  When we were finishing the first century, we received a patch that we quickly recognized was only half a heart.  Thus we were "suckered" into doing the second century two days later in order to complete the heart patch.  One century was in Va., the second in NC.  Notwithstanding a lot of rain, it was a great vacation with a lot of good folks.

Uncle Rob

Anonymous said...

You guys are BOTH nuts....

Anonymous said...

I think Uncle Rob wins with 400 miles of cycling in 5 days, in the rain.