Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blizzard

As you've no doubt heard (or experienced yourself), the Northeast was hammered by a major blizzard this weekend.  New York City had over 26 inches, its largest snowfall on record from a single storm.  I'm estimating that we had somewhere between a foot and a foot and a half here, and that was plenty.  The storm has prevented me from leaving to head back down to Tampa for a trial I'm in the middle of.  I'm hoping to get out during the afternoon tomorrow.

The kids spent some time outside today, until they got too cold.  You can get a good sense of how deep it was from these pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck--

All that wonderful snow for cross-country skiing, and you are talking about heading back to Florida?!?  You are missing such a great opportunity.

We got about 8 inches in Arlington, and I spent most of the morning out with the County-provided snow blower cleaning local sidewalks.  The temperature was too warm yesterday afternoon for good skiing--plus I've got some sort of bug I'm trying to shake.  But this morning the temp was about 22 degrees, and I really regretted having to come into the office rather than don the skis.  The snow conditions for skiing are much finer when the temperature is well below freezing.

I'm leading a group of skiers up to the White Mountains area of New Hampshire this Thursday, so I'm hoping that this broad East Coast snow storm has also left a large white covering over the areas where we will be skiing.

Sorry I won't see Lisa and the kids when she drives down for the holiday weekend.  Kathee is looking forward to their visiting.

Uncle Rob

Anonymous said...

We had about a foot on Cape Cod, and there was some minor coastal flooding.

Anonymous said...

Dear Chuck,

   I really enjoyed the snow shots.  Have to admit I have never before seen a snowball maker.  Isn't it faster to just make snowballs by hand?  I wouldn't want to depend on one in a real snowball fight!
   As Rob said, we had less snow, but it was nice to know that our winter wasn't just December.
   Hope to see the rest of the Grafs next week.

Love,
Aunt Katherine

Anonymous said...

It's been 70 degrees and sunny in San Diego.
Sorry,
John